Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Juice Conundrum

Greetings,

Well it is a beautiful day here in the city and I can actually see some sunshine peaking through the clouds. We have a had a lot of rain these past few days so regretfully I have not been out doing a whole lot. While my husband has been working away its been pretty quiet on my end. I did however manage to go shopping yesterday afternoon. I wondered over to Myeongdong (a wonderful shopping area about 20 minutes walk from the apartment) and went to a few clothes stores within Noon Square. While food may be an issue for me here in Korea, clothing on the flip side is not. Unfortunately clothes are extremely expensive but I was able to locate an H&M as well as Forever 21. They have quite a few familiar stores here in the city, if only I could say Prada, Louis and Kors were within my budget. Anyhow, it ended up being a pretty successful venture, I only managed to get lost once underground and this lovely Korean man with the word English written on his chest promptly directed me in the right direction. If you caught that I said underground, that is not a typo. They have this amazing underground system here called the "Arcade". Basically if there is anywhere you need to go, you can get to it without ever having to walk outside. The Arcade includes the subway system, hundreds of little shops, 7-elevens, hair salons, restaurants and the list goes on. Its pretty amazing really and thankfully its very clean and very safe.

Apart from my many shopping adventures David and I have been working out pretty regularly. So the other day my muscles were pretty sore and I really wanted to hit the hot tubes. After our work out David and I headed to the pool area and sat in the hot tub for a few minutes. Now regretfully the hot tub was more of a warm tub so David convinced me to separate from him and get into the woman's locker room to sit in the "bath" and dry sauna. I was already pretty skeptical because a "bath" in any non US country pretty much means naked people sitting around together. However, I pushed on in hopes that the sauna and bath area would be empty. Well....This was not the case! Lets just say it was naked Korean woman-10, swim suit clothed American-1. David on the other hand has accepted the naked Korean men and apparently has no issues with joining them for a relaxing bath....I guess when in Rome, do as the Romans do....I however am not in Rome!

Anyhow, I have one more piece of little wisdom to pass on to you today, you can make juice out of everything and anything! David and I are fortunate to live in an apartment that provides a continental breakfast to us every morning. Well, about half of this food is Korean style and the other half in Americanized. Every single morning they have orange juice and a second type of juice that changes every few days. The first few days we were there it was a delightful grape juice. Last weekend they replaced that with an interesting, very sweet, but apparently good for you Plum Juice. Today however we had another lovely choice to choose from. The juice of the day was Aloe....yes I said Aloe. Chew on that for a while....talk at you next time.


1 comment:

  1. Hey There,
    We LOVE your blog! I read them aloud to Dan and Daniel every time you post one. Keep them coming and post some pictures. Can't wait to here about your hiking trip.
    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete